In December 2004 the City of Los Angeles implemented the Small Lot Ordinance as a way to provide a new type of housing for Los Angeles. Small Lot Subdivision offers the following benefits to both the developer and the future buyer/owner:
- Lower liability for the developer - no Home Owners' Association
- Fee simple home ownership at a lower cost
- Lower developer insurance rates vs. condo construction
- Future owners can modify the home without HOA issues
- Ability to develop feasible projects on RD 1.5, RD2, & R2 Lots. They also work on C zoned properties.
- Higher sale price and better product than condos.
Small Lot Subdivision DownloadsWe have two free Small Lot Subdivision downloads:
A new "how-to" guide on Developing Small Lot Subdivisions in Los Angeles. No development experience required.
Three useful documents from the City of Los Angeles pertaining to the Small Lot Subdivision Ordinance.