Modative Build - Construction Administration Manager/Designer Position
Modative is a design/develop/build operation, dedicated to creating modern, innovative, urban homes. We have an opening for a Construction Administration Manager/Designer role within our design/build team. Perfect job for someone with an architecture background that is interested in how buildings actually get built. Our goal for this position is to find a great fit for our firm culture that can grow with the company.
What you'll be working on
You'll be the liaison between our architecture firm, Modative and our construction firm, Modative Build, on modern residential projects (we specialize in Small Lot Subdivision). This position will work out of our new mobile office moving to various job sites in Los Angeles to meet with our construction team. Responsibilities include:
- Communicating with clients, consultants and contractors
- Conducting on-site observations
- Preparing Field Reports
- Coordinating and answering Requests for Information (RFI's) from our Build team and from outside contractors on projects designed by Modative, but not constructed by Modative Build
- Reviewing submittals
- Providing proposal requests, change orders, and revisions to project scope
- Drafting construction details based on field conditions
- Making quick and informed design decisions
- Assisting in project close-out efforts including punch lists
You will gain extensive hands-on experience in what it takes to put a modern building together. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
1. Degree in architecture
2. Professional experience in the architecture field. Construction observation experience preferred.
3. Only persons currently residing in and able to legally work in the US will be considered. No international applicants for this position please. This is a a very focused position. Applications not meeting the outlined criteria will be disregarded. Since this position needs to be filled quickly, preference will be given to candidates currently residing in the Los Angeles area.
4. BIM (ArchiCAD/Revit) experience preferred, but not required.
5. Have a drivers license and be willing and able to drive a large vehicle (no special license required)
For this immediate position, applications will be accepted until 5pm on Tuesday, 12.08.15, then ongoing applications will be accepted for potential future positions. Interviews will occur throughout December 2015 and the position will begin in early January 2016.
How to apply
Please fill out the quick application questionnaire below. Please have cover letter, resume and portfolio consolidated into one file and ready to send (PDF format only, 8 MB max size). We're too busy to take calls or emails on this position. You must use the form to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!