Modative Build - Construction Project Manager Position
Modative is a design/develop/build operation, dedicated to creating modern, innovative, urban homes. We have an opening for a Construction Project Manager role within our design/build team. You will assist in achieving project profitability and schedule goals. The construction manager is expected to be active throughout the lifecycle of each project, managing the day-to-day coordination of project activities to ensure scope, schedule and cost compliance, while reporting to senior management. Through pre-construction and construction services, our construction manager will be the key coordinator of construction contract packages for bidding and coordination of various vendors and contractors.
Day-to-day activities will include the coordination and oversight of Modative Build employees, as well as subcontractors, and vendors pertaining to active projects. You will also coordinate, direct, and supervise personnel, subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality, budget, and schedule are met. The Construction Manager will also ensure all subcontractors and field employees are prepared with all necessary materials and work in proper sequence. You may be required to manage multiple medium-scale projects while serving as the Modative Build representative. At times you may also be required to take on responsibilities of an on-site Superintendent on one or more construction projects.
What you'll be working on
You'll be the construction manager on modern residential projects (we specialize in Small Lot Subdivision). This position will work out of our new mobile office driving to various job sites in Los Angeles to coordinate our construction team. Responsibilities include:
- Generate and Track RFI's
- Manage the bidding process
- Analyze, bid, and draft subcontracts
- Negotiate contracts
- Develop and maintain project schedules and budgets
- Manage quantity surveys and material take-offs
- Develop project staffing plan and manage site staff, owner, architect, subcontractors and vendors
- Manage the monthly billing process on active projects
- Prepare budget and financial reporting
- Manage safety program
- Assist with quality assurance and control
- Establish and monitor project administrative procedures
- Keep informed of requirements for insurance, safety, labor relations, employee relations, maintain EEO compliances, etc.
- Assure applications for payment and collection are properly disbursed
- Coordinate pre-construction for projects
- Participate in business development activities with past, current, and prospective clients
- Assist with management of superintendents and construction project managers
1. College Degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or relevant field of study
2. Professional experience with project estimating, bidding, and subcontractor buy-out
3. Only persons currently residing in and able to legally work in the US will be considered. No international applicants for this position, please. This is a very focused position. Applications not meeting the outlined criteria will be disregarded. Since this position needs to be filled quickly, preference will be given to candidates currently residing in the Los Angeles area.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Project
5. Experience with Procore or other comparable Project Management Software
6. Current drivers license and willing and able to drive a large vehicle (no special license required)
For this immediate position, applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday 04.25.16, then ongoing applications will be accepted for potential future positions.
How to apply
Please fill out the quick application questionnaire below. Please have resume and any other important documents consolidated into one file and ready to send (PDF format only, 8 MB max size). We will not take calls or emails on this position. You must use the form to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!